Client's/ Citizen's Charter 2022
Society for Applied Microwave Electronics Engineering & Research (SAMEER) is an autonomous R & D institute under Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Govt. of India. SAMEER was created in 1984 with sole objective of pursuing applied research and development in RF, microwaves and their allied areas. SAMEER under MeitY has grown to be a Premier R & D institute pursuing high end application oriented research in Linear Accelerators, Atmospheric and Radar based instrumentation, High power RF/Microwave, Millimeter Wave technology, Communication, Antennas, Photonics, EMI/EMC etc.
SAMEER has five centres with unique areas of expertise under paradigm of Microwaves and RF. The headquarters and laboratory of SAMEER, Mumbai are located at IIT Bombay campus, Powai, Mumbai. The two older Centres of SAMEER are located at Chennai and Kolkata known as Centre for Electromagnetics and Centre for Millimeter Wave Research respectively. The fourth centre of SAMEER - Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) Laboratory has been set up at Visakhapatnam recently to specifically address test and measurement facilities and acquire expertise in MIL STD EMI/EMC/EMP needed for strategic Departments. SAMEER’s fifth Centre-Centre of High Power Microwave Tubes and Components Technology is operational at Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati. This would serve as nerve centre for advanced research activities in the areas of RF, Microwave, Antennas and other associated fields for the entire NE Region. It will also help developing trained manpower in the aforesaid areas which is at present lacking in this region.
To be a premier R&D Institution of International repute in RF, Microwave , Millimeter wave ,Terahertz & Photonics technology
To achieve excellence in application-oriented research in the areas of RF/Microwave Electronics, Millimeter wave Technology and Electromagnetics.
- To contribute to the growth of science and technology of microwave electronics and allied areas through intensive research, design, development, training of manpower and setting up of facilities for national progress.
- To encourage and promote the development of microwave electronics in the country in order to achieve self-reliance.
- To encourage advancement of microwave electronics through scientific research, development, education and to promote industrial applications and wider utilization of microwave technology and products.
- To develop the technology in national interest as a sponsored or grants-in-aid project for developing technology demonstration models and batch production of successful products if required. The projects are taken up
- that are state-of-the-art technology
- that serve as import substitution leading to reduction of undesirable foreign dependence
- for which intensive R&D capability is needed
- which are needed in small quantity and are not commercially available readily
- which are in initial stages of development and usage before large scale usage builds up
- for which the know-how from other R&D units can be taken and extended from their specific applications to broad range of applications
- which are in the nature of spares of important systems ceased to be available in the market due to multiple reasons including obsolescence.
- To co-operate and collaborate with national and international institutions, research laboratories and other professional organizations.
- To organize study programmes, lectures, symposia, conferences, exhibitions and similar promotional activities.
- To build up library of books, periodicals and papers, films and other video aids.
- To undertake, aid and promote publications on RF and microwave electronics and allied subjects.
- To set up national facilities, regional centers and other units in selected fields of specialization for carrying out specialized experiments or for dissemination of knowledge.
- To set up, as appropriate, joint programmes to develop and share knowledge, expertise and experience with educational, research and other professional organizations in India and abroad particularly in the developing countries.
- To do all such other lawful acts, deeds or things which are cognate to the objectives of the society or conducive to the attainment of all or any of the above objectives.
- Application oriented Research and Development in areas of
- Linear Accelerator (LINAC) technology for Medical Application (Cancer therapy)
- Radar based Atmospheric Instrumentation and sensors
- High Power RF & MW Transmitters
- Microwave / RF based Industrial Applications
- Radar based ranging systems
- Photonics & Terahertz systems
- Secured Communication Systems
- Digital Signal Processing
- Millimeter Wave sensors and systems
- Thermal engineering
- Electromagnetic Interference & Compatibility (EMI/EMC)
- Quantum Technology
- Providing Testing & Calibration services to industry and Govt. organizations
- Providing Safety and environmental testing services to industry and Govt. organizations
- Design Consultancy for EMC compliances
- Thermal Management Services
The client’s base is broadly categorized as
|SCOMI-L&T||Caterpillar India Private Ltd, Chennai||IdeaForge Technology Pvt. Ltd.|
|Bombardier||Bajaj Electrical Ltd.||FORBES MARSHALL PVT.LTD., Pune|
|Larson & Toubro Ltd||Medha Servo Drives Pvt. Ltd.||Infosys Ltd., Mysore.|
|Siemens Limited||Capgemini Technology Services India Ltd||TATA Advanced Systems Ltd,, Bangalore|
|Reliance||Bosch Limited||The Automotive Research Association of India, Pune|
|Honeywell||Wipro GE Healthcare||Tektronix India Pvt Ltd., Bangalore|
|Tata Keltron Ltd., Chennai.||ABB INDIA LTD, Bangalore||IDEMI,Mumbai|
|Hindustan Lever, Mumbai.||Ashok Leyland Limited, Chennai||Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Ltd.|
|M/s. Pla ELectro Appliances Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai||Astra Microwave Products Limited||Anchor Electricals Private Limited.|
|Johnson & Johnson, Mumbai.||Cummins Technologies India Ltd., Pune.||Panacea Medical technologies pvt Ltd|
|Rocqware Electronics, Kolkata.||GE Healthcare, Bengaluru||TUV India Pvt. Ltd.|
|HCLCOMNET, Chennai.||HCL Technologies,chennai||Centum Electronics, Bangalore|
|Tata Electric Co., Mumbai.||Hero Motocorp Ltd.,Jaipur||Data Patterns (I) Pvt. Ltd Chennai|
|TVS Lucas, Chennai.||Royal Enfield, Chennai||UL India PVT.LTD, Bangalore|
|ESSO, Malaysia.||Whirlpool India Ltd||ETS LIndgren Engineering India Pvt Ltd, Bangalore|
|Kirloskar Electric Ltd., Mysore.||Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co. Ltd||Hitachi India Pvt. Ltd.|
|ETS Lindgren India Pvt Ltd||PLA Electronics Pvt Ltd|
|Avantel Ltd||Paras defence and Space Technologies Ltd|
|Symtronics Pvt Ltd||Emi solutions India Pvt. Ltd|
|Elmot Alternators Pvt ltd||Agni controls Pvt Ltd|
|Sterling Generators Pvt Ltd||Ideaforge Technology Pvt Ltd|
|M/s. Alstom Transportation India Pvt Ltd.||M/s. EATON, Pondicherry|
|M/s. Elcome Integrated System Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai||M/s. Intertek, Mumbai|
|M/s. APLAB Ltd., Thane||M/s. TATA Consultancy Services, Mumbai|
|M/s. SKL (India) Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai||M/s. Vertive Energy Pvt. Ltd., Ambernath, Thane|
|M/s. Spectron Engineering Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai|
|Name of the Public Grievance Officer||Telephone|
|Amol Bhagwat Scientist-F||+91-0361-2583190||amol[at]sameer[dot]gov[dot]in|
Expectations from Complainants
For Grievance Redressal Process and Timeline please refer https://pgportal.gov.in/
|1||Mumbai||SAMEER, IIT-B Campus, Powai, Mumbai - 400076, Maharashtra, India||dg[at]sameer[dot]gov[dot]in||022-25721333|
|3||Kolkata||SAMEER, L2 Block GP Sector 5, Salt Lake Electronic Complex, Kolkata - 700091, West Bengal, India||arijit[dot]sameer[at]nic[dot]in||033-23574877|
|4||Visakhapatnam||SAMEER, CE3 Centre for Electromagnetics Environmental Effects, Plot No. 40, APIC Industrial Park, NH-5 Gambheeram Village, Anandapuram Mandal, Visakhapatnam - 531163, Andhra Pradesh, India||bsr[dot]sameer[at]nic[dot]in||0891-2867666|
|5||Guwahati||SAMEER, Centre for High Power Tubes and Components Technology, Technology Complex, IIT Guwahati, Guwahati - 781039, Assam, India||pd-cmt[at]sameer[dot]gov[dot]in||0361-2583190|