1. Vision and Mission Statement:
- To achieve excellence in application oriented research in the area of Electromagnetics.
- To work in Research & Development activities to strengthen SAMEERs area of focus.
- To engage in product development driven by technology and market.
- To develop expertise in market intelligence.
- To create business division which will be commercially viable in the long run.
- To become multi-disciplinary institution to be able to cater to diversified applications.
- To strive for industrial tie-up for 2-way transfer of technology in key RF and Microwave areas.
- To work in partner-ship with multiple institutions in high technology areas.
- To undertake training and consultancy in areas of core competence.
- To keep pace with rapidly changing technology by continuous training and development of its manpower.
- To become a non-hierarchical organisation empowering people at all levels with appropriate authority and accountability structure.
2. Details of business transcation by the organization:
- The organisation besides research provides custom built hardware and extends consultancy services.
3. Details of clients/customers:
- A broad range of customers in the Govt. comprising Shipping, Meteorology, Health and Environment and Private Enterprises.
4. Statement of services provided to each customer/client/group:
Nature of Services provided:
- Design and Development services, supply, upgradation and Test, Measurement & Consultancy Services in the area of RF, Microwave, EMI/EMC, Electronic Product Design, Medical Electronics and Electromagnetics.
Agencies to whom the services are provided are listed below:
- Ministry of Railways.
- Ministry of Surface Transport:
DGLL, New Delhi
- Department of Science & Technology: India Meteorological Department,
Pune & New Delhi.
- CEERI, Pilani.
- CCWH, Kolkata.
- PGIMER, Chandigarh.
iii) Public Undertakings:
- ONGC, Mumbai.
- BHEL, Hardwar & Bangalore.
iv) Private Sector Undertakings:
- Tata Keltron Ltd., Chennai.
- Hindustan Lever, Mumbai.
- Rishi Roop Rubber, Ankleshwar.
- Johnson & Johnson, Mumbai.
- Rocqware Electronics, Kolkata.
- Delhi Electric Supply Undertaking, New Delhi.
- HCL-COMNET, Chennai.
- Tata Electric Co., Mumbai.
- TVS Lucas, Chennai.
- ESSO, Malaysia.
- Kirloskar Electric Ltd., Mysore.
v) Educational Institutions:
5. Details of Grievance Redressal Mechanism:
- In respect of projects, regular reviews are undertaken to monitor the progress vis-a-vis,the schedules.
- ISO 9000 standard have been set in placein the EMI/EMC Laboratory, to ensure customer satisfaction and complaint redressal.
- There is a continuous dialogue with the user agencies to ensure immediate corrective action.
- An MoU signed with each of the project agency also spells out the grievance redressal mechanism.
- Annual maintenance contract in specific areas ensure client's interests are taken care and addresses complaints on a regular basis.
- Cases not covered under any of the above, reaches a specific Individual/Division, for attention through the Head of Department.
6. What we expect from the Customer:
- We expect a continuing and long term mutually beneficial relationship.